Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
LOVE Soiree: THE ECONOMICS OF ART, 2010 Session One
Thursday, February 11, 2010 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, United States
LOVE Soiree: THE ECONOMICS OF ART 2010 Session One
Presented By: San Francisco Fashion And Merchants Alliance, Inc. and The Barber Lounge.
What is "THE ECONOMICS OF ART" Forum?
Our mission is to provide an open dialogue to engage in a forum which discusses the idea of the economics of art. This series is focused on how to develop innovative solutions that address the impact of our nation’s financial crisis on creative industries. As a thriving epicenter of independent talents, The Economics of Art features local artists, fashion designers, bloggers, retailers, business owners and tech savvies in an effort to brainstorm and share new business solutions and to create an exchange network amongst peers in San Francisco's fashion and art community.
This event will benefit the ground works for the new San Francisco Fashion Week, a fashion industry product to be produced by San Francisco Fashion And Merchant’s Alliance, Inc., a California non-profit corporation.
With a seven panel of industry professionals. We are going to examine the challenges in how to sustain a successful business in the arts, media, luxury, fashion and beauty industry.
1) Bacca DaSilva – Bacca Da Silva Atelier -http://www.baccadasilva.com/
2) Blakely Bass – Residents Apparel Gallery - http://www.ragsf.com/
3) Corinne Phipps – Urban Darling - http://www.urbandarling.com/
4) Cynthia Anderson – Style Wylde - http://www.stylewylde.com/
5) Greg Griffin – The Barber Lounge - The Barber Lounge
6) Kari-Ann Frerichs – Altitude Promotions -http://www.altitudepromotion.com/
7) Leo Madrid - Linearis Institute of Fine Art -http://www.linearisinstitute.org/
MODERATOR: Lorraine Sanders of 7X7 Magazine's GlamWatch
FASHION DESIGN SHOWCASE by:
- Blanche Consorti - http://blancheconsorti.com/
- Joy Fan - http://vintagejoy.com/
- Lauren Mendoza - http://laurenmichellemendoza.blogspot.com/
- Medium Reality - http://mediumreality.blogspot.com/
LIVE ART and EXHIBIT by: WERKSTATTE Art Collective http://werkstatteartcollective.blogspot.com/
MUSIC BY: DJ Diego Rockwell http://www.myspace.com/djdiegorockwell
February 11, 2010, Thursday - 6pm to 10pm
THE BARBER LOUNGE
854 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA
$10 GENERAL ADMISSION and SFFAMA, Inc. Non-Members
$5-$10 Sliding Scale for SFFAMA, Inc. Members
In order to get a discounted rate, we encourage you to join SFFAMA, Inc. at http://sffama.ning.com/